Monday, August 26, 2013

Syria - Barack! Please, stay cool man.

I am in complete agreement with President Obama's restraint on Syria.  I wish he hadn't set up the chemical warfare trip wire.  Secretary of State John Kerry's assertion that the odious Assad regime is responsible for this past weekend's hideous attack on civilians could be a chess move that only the gullible fall for.  I am prepared to put a high probability factor toward defecting army officers setting up the regime.  Think about who wins when the United States takes an action that is tantamount to a declaration of war.  I believe it is those wishing for chaos.  Barack!  Please, stay cool man.

September 1 Postscript

Obama Seeks Approval by Congress is the headline I wanted.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I wish these decisions for war were more often referred to the Congress as the Constitution declares it should be, none the less Barack you are a good man.  This rush to war has the feel of Barbara Tuchman's Guns of August, and a time out to to consider an irreversible course toward death and despair is healthy and necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment