Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bill Russell for Mayor of Norwich CT

I get a direct mail fund raising request from the libertarian candidate for the Mayor of Norwich Connectticut.  I send in a $100 contribution because I support the Libertarian Party taking over the New England states from the irrelevant G.O.P.  You would of thought I was one of the Koch brothers when getting certified mail asking for me to authenticate my contribution had nothing to do with lobbying for town business.  Poor Bill Russell apparently has to deal with a 25% administration fee on every dollar collected for his mayoral race.  As a libertarian for small government and less regulation I have a problem with that.

The Republican party is so toxic in Connecticut that I doubt they can survive. Consider, for example, if  a moderate Connecticut Republican, Andrew Roraback, who I was rooting for in last year's election; had won against his Democrat opponent, Elizabeth Esty.  Imagine his position in this month's histrionics trying to defend the indefensible, the out of control Ted Cruz Tea Party. I have to believe Roraback is greatly relieved for not having been elected. He strikes me as an excellent person, but his party was hijacked by wackos.

No comments:

Post a Comment